Visit this article to see a running log of new features and datasets that we've added to the Climate Engine App and API.
This will not be a complete changelog of all code changes, but will focus on higher-level functionality that becomes available to users. In some cases, we will highlight significant technical changes that could affect users.
December 7, 2023
- Launched new drought and satellite-based vegetation reporting website for the Bureau of Land Management.
- The website is available at reports.climateengine.org
November 28, 2023
- Added ERA5 HEAT to Climate Engine app and API.
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/129-era5-heat
- Updated CEMS Fire to version 4.1 in app and API, including new variables.
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/49-cems-fire
- Added legends to two-variable summary timeseries figures.
October 9, 2023
- Added 29 internal Earth Engine assets on Climate Engine to the Awesome Earth Engine Community Catalog.
July 27, 2023
- Added Normalized Difference Chlorophyll Index (NDCI) as a variable for Sentinel-2 SR for monitoring freshwater algae blooms.
July 20, 2023
- Added CONUS404 hydroclimate reanalysis dataset from NCAR and USGS to the App
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/117-conus404
- Added the Normalized Burn Ratio (NBR), Soil-adjusted Vegetation Index (SAVI) and Modified Soil-adjusted Vegetation Index to the App and API for Landsat 5/7/8/9 and Sentinel-2.
- See demonstration video for creating NBR and dNBR maps and time-series for assessing fire severity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEdOiGSfyg0
- Added user control over y-axis values in time-series charts in the App.
- See example screenshot below:
June 27, 2023
- Added RCMAP Rangeland Components (1985-2021) dataset from USGS to the App and API
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/114-rcmap
- Added Rangeland Analysis Platform (RAP) 16-day Production dataset from USDA-Agricultural Research Service to the App and API
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/113-rap-16-day-production
- Added global USGS SSEBOP VIIRS Evapotranspiration (ETa) dataset to the App and API
- More information here: https://support.climateengine.org/article/115-usgs-viirs-et
- Added Monitoring Trends in Burn Severity (MTBS) Fire Perimeters as preloaded polygons in App that can be analyzed as a Region or used as a data overlay "Layer".
- See short demonstration here: https://twitter.com/ClimateEngOrg/status/1669063764576968730
- Developed new authentication system to better facilitate App and API access and comply with Google Cloud and Google Earth Engine user policies.
- Removed "Environment" Type option in App and moved those datasets to the "Remote Sensing" Type option.
- Released "Using the Rangeland Analysis Platform in Climate Engine" demonstration video on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3N3UIK8j8&t=1s